Music, Science & Generally Off-The-Wall Random Topics


Monday, April 18, 2011

A thought

I am an avid music fan.  I love a plethora of music.  I try to share what I think more people than not would appreciate and enjoy.   I saw this performed on Austin City Limits the other night, and we just stopped talking and sat in awe.  Simplicity and truth; not a pie-in-the-sky love song with words that you would never hear someone say in real life or even think about saying.  The words of this song are awesome.  It seems that most great music is rarely heard by that many people these days.  But when a song has this kind of an instantaneous impact, I think deserves some recognition, even if it's just by a nobody like me. I'm not really one to get all mushy and TMI, but it blows my mind sometimes how a song or a sight can make you and yours both stop in your tracks and share a moment like that.  No matter what's going bad in your life or stressing you out, if you can have something like that, you know there's always a reason to keep at it.  You have all you need.


2 comments: